Zian Choy has led a rather multithreaded life. He was the producer and editor in chief at a literary magazine named Terrouge Productions. And, on a completely separate note, he also worked on software projects for the University of California, Irvine (UCI) and FirstWatch Solutions. At FirstWatch, he reverse engineers other people's databases and helps public safety agencies make sense of their records.
Resume And Other Links
Some Projects (From Oldest to Newest)
- Backup Monitor Verifies that the Backup Utility for Windows XP completed its scheduled backup.
- BotBall Robots built with Legos and controlled with Interactive C.
- Burrow An online reservation system for UCI.
- Class Schedule Generator Takes a set of class schedules and creates a few feasible schedules for the quarter.
- Hash and Verify Hashes and verifies files using SHA-512.
- Search Engine and Link Crawler Crawls websites and allows one to search them offline.
- Slightly Quicker Invoicing An invoice aggregator built for UCI.
- Contains An ArcGIS Server geoprocessing service that takes the location of a 911 call and figures out if the call happened inside a certain geographic region. This was built for FirstWatch.
- ArcGIS Maps Took a pre-existing ASP-based map page that showed a static map image and turned it into an interactive map powered by ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server.
- ArcGIS Monitor Built a dashboard for monitoring the status of web servers that point to ArcGIS Server machines along with the state of each corresponding ArcGIS Server computer.
- Developer's Guide to Microsoft Enterprise Library (C# and VB .NET editions) Commented on the book here and there.
- Robin Hood II Compiled, re-edited, re-formatted, printed, and bound the book.
- Version Control by Example Commented on the book (acknowledged as a technical reviewer).
Selected articles are available from the Terrouge archives.
Looking For Geocities Materials?
Old stuff from my Geocities webpage (http://www.geocities.com/zianchoy) is available.